We are recruiting a Senior Accountant
In this role, you will be responsible for the financial management of the Sense Group of Companies.
- Reconciling the company’s bank statements and bookkeeping ledgers
- Completing and Reporting analysis of the project expenditures
- Managing income and expenditure accounts
- Preparation of Client Invoices
- Generating the company’s monthly management reports using income and expenditure data
- Keeping a check on the company’s budget
- Filing and remitting taxes and other statutory obligations
- Initiating and managing financial and accounting software used by the company
- Preparation of payroll
- Loading of payments
- Preparation of company budgets and cash flow projections.
- Asset and risk management
Who You Are
We are looking for an organised person who enjoys working carefully and accurately with numbers. You want to make a positive difference in the world and at work. You’re willing to take on new challenges and keep learning.
Our new colleague is able to work independently on different projects providing clear data for fact-based decisions & and prioritising as you go. You thrive in a team where you are supportive, organised, results-oriented and hands-on.
This role is best suited to someone with strong attention to detail. Ideally, you’d find mastering the fine details rewarding, but especially when you’re using these to create an insightful picture of what’s happening in our projects.
People skills matter. This is a job for someone personable, with a good sense of humour.
What You Bring
- A finance/ accounting qualification (Minimum Degree), ACCA or CIMA complete or part qualification
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in similar functions
- Microsoft Office & Excel computer literacy
- Principles of accounting and good practice
- Ability to carry out duties independently to deadlines
- A solid understanding of South African Company Tax submissions
- QuickBooks experience and qualification would be especially prized
Who we are
Sense is a dynamic economic development consultancy working to solve the gritty development challenges faced by agri-business in Africa. The accelerating shift from aid to trade in global policy means that we’re on the cutting edge of development thinking. As a result, we work with an increasing number of major donors in the development sector. Some of our clients are The World Bank-IFC, GiZ (German Development Corporation), The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, CBI, USAID, etc.
Each year we tackle surprising challenges in a wide number of food supply chains such as fruits, nuts, livestock & dairy, cereals and forestry. Our projects vary from developing strategies for development programs to investment facilitation, sector development, business coaching, access to finance, value chain studies…the variety of assignments, clients and value chains we work in continue to grow.
We’re known for sharp thinking, fact-based insights, practical solutions and getting things done. So, a Sense consultant is curious, inventive, has grit and is …well likeable. This is ultimately about people after all.
What we offer
Sense offers a dynamic, international environment with lots of scope for personal and professional development. There are no cogs in the machine here. Each member of our team is important. And all the while you’ll be playing your part in bringing about meaningful, lasting change in Africa.
- A competitive salary, medical aid contribution, pension fund contribution and a disability cover
- Opportunities to learn, grow and build your CV
- Space to do “good work”- quality and making a difference in the world
- Generous annual leave
- Communal lunch where we laugh, chat and be the wonderful human beings we are
- A comfortable workspace
- A diverse team (gender, age, experience, nationality)
Please send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org