“If a business plan sounds to good to be true, it probably is. In 90% of afro-processing business plans either raw material supply or demand are over estimated.”
“As an investor you need to know who you are dealing with: a serious entrepreneur, an opportunist who is specialised in development aid, gifts & subsidies or an idealistic dreamer”
Sense helps impact investment funds to select and analyse investment opportunities (due diligence).
- Discussion of the selection criteria
- Rating the business according to the chosen criteria, using:
- Review of the business plan
- Assessment of the background, capacity, skills & commitment of
- Site visits to the factory, suppliers/ farmers, markets etc.
- Interviews with all major actors in the value chain including important buyers, traders, service providers
- Thorough analyses of the market
- Assessment of the current financial situation of the business and other financiers and banks
- Rating of the investment opportunity using the INVESTMENT SENSE INDICATOR™
- Investment advise: yes or no, and if yes under which conditions
What can we deliver:
- A clear investment advice based on a thorough analyses of the investment opportunity
- Recommendations for strengthening the business: what needs to change to create more impact and profit and lower risks (i.e. adding a financial director to the management team, focusing on different markets)