“The process of business plan development is as important as the end-result. It forces the entrepreneur to gather information in a systematic way, to make strategic choices and helps to set realistic goals and targets. The task of the advisor is to help the entrepreneur do this, and make strategic choices that make sense.”
- Small and medium sized businesses in need for medium term loans (3-7 years), equity or mezzanine capital
- Impact investment funds who need to improve the business plan for a proposed investment
- Development organisations who help entrepreneurs access structural finance
Support to entrepreneurs with feasibility studies, business plan development, finding investors, negotiations with investors & structuring of the investment
Quick scan of the business and finance need
With our experience we can tell you if there the business is likely to obtain the capital needed, or which changes in the business model & strategy are needed to become eligible.
Together we agree on a work plan and a realistic time-line, based on the information that needs to be gathered to complete the business plan and the available resources
Feasibility study (for start-ups):
For start-up businesses we advice to do a feasibility study before writing a full business plan. We look at four aspects:
- Can we sell it? Is there a real demand, and can we compete?
- Can we make it? is there a stable supply of raw material, can we
manage the processing and consistently deliver the quality the
- Does it make sense to make it? A detailed cost price per unit of product needs to show a healthy margin
- What are the risks? What happens if sales prices decrease, costs increase or the season is shorter?
Business plan development
Together with the entrepreneur, potential investors and other stakeholders we gather information, make decisions and start writing. A good business plan has the following chapters:
- Executive Summary
- The Market
- Marketing Plan
- Sourcing strategy for raw material
- Operational Plan (Production process, Technology & Equipment, Expansion Plan, Staff)
- Management & Investors
- Financial Plan (Profit & loss, CAPEX, Sources of Capital, Cash flow, Balance sheet, Break even point, Return On Investment etc.)
- Social & Environmental Impact
- Risk Analyses
We can introduce your business with the right investors, and help you prepare presentations. We can also support you during negotiations and the financial structuring of your business (choosing how much capital to raise in the form of short term working capital loans, medium term loans and equity).
- High quality business plans that are taken serious by potential investors
- A network of potential investors
Agro-processing business in Africa, building business models and impact investment funds